We spent about a month this summer on a 7,000+ mile road trip across the country, from the Washington, D.C., area to California and back. I began posting privately about the trip while we were gone, and I’ve kept the original dates from when I started the posts. But we’re home now, so I’m updating my posts with photos and making them public. Here is a rundown of our travels on Day 10, which was July 12.
July 12 was the day we left my father’s house in Auburn and headed to San Francisco, a drive of about 120 miles and 2.5 hours. The plan was to arrive in time for lunch, check into the hotel, and spend the afternoon sightseeing. The following day we would sightsee in the morning and then leave the city and head up the coast.
I’m saving the San Francisco photos for an entry of their own, but here are a few shots of the route there and of our coming into the city.
The Great American Road Trip, So Far
- Days Seven to Ten: Auburn, California (July 9-12)
- Day Six: Sparks, Nevada, to Auburn, California (July 8)
- Day Five: Selina, Utah, to Sparks, Nevada (July 7)
- Day Four: Ogallala, Nebraska, to Selina, Utah (July 6)
- Day Three: Cedar Rapids to Ogallala, Nebraska (July 5)
- Day Two: Dayton to Cedar Rapids (July 4)
- Day One: D.C. to Dayton (July 3)